The future of GAIMIN: one to watch out for
Updated March 13, 2023 1:16 p.m
You may already be familiar with GAIMIN and its innovative application that allows you to use your PC’s performance effort to earn rewards while playing. However, what you may not know is that there are many exciting things brewing at GAIMIN.
So we’re giving you a rundown of everything you need to know about the future of GAIMIN, and why you should definitely be paying attention in 2023!
GAIMIN partners with BNB Chain to expand Web3 esports
With web3 firmly on the way, GAIMIN and BNB Chain have taken the initiative to forge a partnership that will help developers both convert existing games and web3-ready their new games using blockchain technology.
Commenting on the partnership, GAIMIN CEO Martin Speight said: “I am delighted to be working with BNB Chain to bring Web3 technology to the gaming community. Our technology is designed to enable game developers to convert their AAA Web2 games to Web3 and enable blockchain functionality and services to be integrated into their games.”
Selecting BNB Chain’s first partner was also an important decision as BNB Chain’s Partner Growth Leader Walter Lee said: “We selected GAIMIN as our first partner for Web3 Esports Growth Initiatives after evaluating its business model and capability to Reach the global gaming community. We are particularly excited by GAIMIN’s approach to developing Web3-based technologies that enable game developers, and more importantly gamers, to capitalize on this growing market.”
This means that very exciting times lie ahead for GAIMIN, with 2023 looking like the company’s biggest year yet.
What is GAIMIN?
GAIMIN is a free app (downloaded from www.gaimin.gg) that allows you to use the idle power of your gaming PC to earn rewards while you play.
To do this, GAIMIN uses a decentralized network consisting of all of its users’ PCs and monetizes all that computing power, similar to [email protected] But what exactly does GAIMIN use this excess energy for?
Not surprisingly, given the aforementioned partnership with BNB Chain, it is used to provide video rendering and processing blockchain calculations, which then rewards you with GMRX, GAIMIN’s cryptocurrency. GAIMIN receives payment for the jobs in a number of different cryptocurrencies and fiat, making it easier to consolidate them into a single payment mechanism.
GMRX will soon be listed on crypto exchanges, giving it tangible value. Pending listing, rewards will be converted to USDC, which is a stablecoin. You can withdraw USDC to your crypto wallet and use it to make purchases or sell it on an exchange for fiat.
If you are interested in monetizing the idle power of your gaming PC, go to GAIMIN.GG and download the free app! You can also decide how much power the app consumes. So if you’re working with aging hardware, you can make sure your game runs smoothly while you reap the rewards!
That’s not all, however, as Martin Speight continues: “Over the next few weeks, we will be making further announcements regarding our technology development, related services and most importantly, how GAIMIN’s esports team, Gaimin Gladiators, is supporting this partnership and will promote. These are exciting times not only for GAIMIN and BNB Chain, but also for gamers and the gaming community. We are at the beginning of this paradigm shift in this emerging industry and we are excited to see how this partnership can support its growth.”
Which brings us to the news we’re most looking forward to, GAIMIN’s entry into the sport.
Gaimin Gladiators and is becoming a major player in the esports world.
You may already be familiar with the aforementioned GAIMIN service, but what you may not know is that GAIMIN is also active in the esports space with its leading team, the Gaimin Gladiators.
Additionally, Gaimin Gladiators have been absolutely up in the air lately. Her The DOTA 2 team has qualified for the Lima Majors, and manages to beat the current world champions! The success doesn’t stop there, however, as Gaimin Gladiator’s Rocket League team once again secured 2nd place in a recent tournament, making it clear that the Gaimin Gladiators are here to stay.
Of course, Gaimin Gladiators have more than two mainstays as they also have competitive teams for PUBG Mobile, Apex Legends and an ever-growing number of fighting games. Given Gaimin Gladiators’ rapid expansion and undeniable success, they’re certainly a formidable contender to watch out for in the year to come
GAIMIN platform updates
Of course, most of you are here because you want to monetize your gaming experience, or maybe you already are. In any case, there have been some pretty big updates lately that you should know about. We’ve also received a list of future updates to look forward to.
- New UX and UI updates ready to expand their game offerings.
- Added rendering functionality to support rendering services (www.gaimin.cloud)
- Added new “Collections” to the Achievements section to allow fans of Gaimin Gladiator esports teams to collect limited edition NFTs (DOTA 2 Lima key collectibles will be released soon)
- Achievements are based on “connected hours” as opposed to actual monetization, allowing users with less powerful devices to earn rewards and in-game assets.
- Add Earn to Watch feature through streaming – watch your favorite players stream their gameplay and earn GMRX for watching
- Streaming will be updated soon to include all Gaimin Gladiators players.
- Update all miners to the latest versions to maximize returns from powering blockchain computations
- Monetization options are reviewed hourly to determine the most profitable service and switch monetization of users to a more profitable option. (This is an especially exciting feature that will help you maximize your rewards.)
- Added Slack channel to receive render notifications
- Register render workers directly and merge workers to the endpoint
- Offload the handling of the render work token store to the backend
- Changed the mining decision maker to exclude miners and walletID
- Auto-close pages after login for Okta and Venly login
- The Show More button on the Profile page disappears when there are no more items to see
- Fixed marketplace repaginator error when user switches to another page
- Correction of incorrect operation of the currency exchange function
- Fixed issue where platform hangs after waking up from sleep
- Correct popup is now shown for failed transactions
- Cosmetic changes to the home page and profile pages
- Design change to Wallet tab to login to wallet
As you can see there have been a lot of changes to GAIMIN lately, in fact there are far too many to list. So visit gaimin.medium.com for all the details and stay tuned for more developments in the world of GAIMIN.